TSCM or Technical Surveillance Counter Measures originated in the USA and is the process of bug detection through processes of sweeping and counter-surveillance. It is of vital importance that your office, home, communication channels and movements are not being monitored as this may lead to a detrimental insight of your private and or business affairs.
There are steps that you can take if you believe that your privacy has been compromised. TSCM survey’s are a carried out by qualified individuals, and a survey will provide a professional evaluation of the residence or location, consisting of a thorough visual, electronic, and physical examination. Bugging devices can take all shapes and size designed to blend into their environment of small enough to be hidden from sight.
Sweeps are carried out in corporate offices on a regular basis in areas where confidential business intelligence is discussed. Residential building and vehicles are also kept secure by regular sweeps.
Tell tale signs:
- Your competitors know your business?
- Others know what you are about to do before you announce it?
- Is information clearly being leaked?
- Has your telephone changed in sound recently?
- Noticed that furniture or desk items not in quite the right place?
- Have the settings changed on your laptop or desktop computer?
- Files missing? Photocopier been used?
- Door locks become stiff or difficult to operate?
- Unexplained events? callers and visitors to the office or home?
If the answer to any of the above is yes then you may well be the victim of a bugging operation that will seriously damage your competitive edge or reveal your inner most confidential business plans.